Please visit our new website at www.pinegrovehistoricalsociety.com.
Pinegrove (now called Pine Grove) is located in the southwest corner of Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania just north of the Blue Mountain. Originally part of Berks County, the area was first settled by German settlers exploring the Swatara Creek. The town was incorporated in 1832 and became important as a transportation hub of the Union Canal, and later of the railroads, both of which carried coal from the county’s northern regions to Harrisburg, Reading, Philadelphia, and beyond.
Since its inception in 1989, the Pinegrove Historical Society has made a commitment to researching, recording and preserving the history and traditions of this close-knit Pennsylvania Dutch community so that future generations may benefit.